Off-Road.gr

Θέματα Ευρετήριο Δ. Συζήτησης Αρχεία

Hi from Spain!

this is the place for our non Greek-speaking visitors to place their posts, on Off-Road, Enduro, 4X4, racing and touring. Use of English Language is encouraged

Hi from Spain!

Δημοσίευσηαπό eldeivi07 » 20 Νοέμ 2007, 14:29

hi everybody from madrid!!! first of all, my congratulations for your fantastic forum and the amazing photos of you people riding your bikes in the dirt :D :D :D

well, the point is that we are setting up a group to make YOUR :wink: ISDE next year. to this end, i would be so graceful if you could provide me with everything that you can consider of interest about the serres area, where the race will commence..... photos, chronicals, personal opinions..... everything will be ok if it allows us to make us a better idea on what we will meet when we arrive to your place next year

let's keep in touch

many thanks

david
Άβαταρ μέλους
eldeivi07
bicycle training wheels

Re: Hi from Greece!

Δημοσίευσηαπό pino » 20 Νοέμ 2007, 18:08

eldeivi07 έγραψε:hi everybody from madrid!!! first of all, my congratulations for your fantastic forum and the amazing photos of you people riding your bikes in the dirt :D :D :D

well, the point is that we are setting up a group to make YOUR :wink: ISDE next year. to this end, i would be so graceful if you could provide me with everything that you can consider of interest about the serres area, where the race will commence..... photos, chronicals, personal opinions..... everything will be ok if it allows us to make us a better idea on what we will meet when we arrive to your place next year

let's keep in touch

many thanks

david

Hello David.
I live in Serres area (70km) from the city.
First you can visit the official site
http://www.isde2008.gr

and then ask again for the details

Here are some photos from Serres

Εικόνα

As you can see, the terrain is soft and muddy, but there is sections with rocks too.
Άβαταρ μέλους
pino
450cc
450cc

Δημοσίευσηαπό pino » 20 Νοέμ 2007, 18:58

In August the conditions are more dryer and hot.. very hot, but is ok for Spaniards :D
Άβαταρ μέλους
pino
450cc
450cc

Δημοσίευσηαπό superspy » 20 Νοέμ 2007, 19:22

Hi David.

Where are you planning to stay for the ISDE (Hotel or Camp)?
The big problem is that there are not enough places. The camp area is .... Let’s say that there is not such...
It’s better to plan for hotel. Now is early enough to book for the next year and if you are seriously we can help u and your friends.

Expect nice but hard stages (if the weather is going to be the usual hot) or muddy if the rain make a visit.

Normally the temperatures are very hot and the area has a lot of humidity, so be… prepare…

You can download the video of the presentation from here: http://www.off-road.gr/article999.html

Tell us some details about u.

Spyros
Εικόνα
Grand Erg Oriental...

Στάσου.... Μύγδαλα!
Άβαταρ μέλους
superspy
690cc
690cc

Δημοσίευσηαπό eldeivi07 » 21 Νοέμ 2007, 11:17

hi everybody!!!! first of all, many thanks for your soooooo so kind replies!!!!! long live to enduro riders!!!!!!! :D :D :D

then, quick briefing about my friends and myself :? .... i form part of a group of friends which are defined by a common sickness :oops: : enduro fiver :twisted: :twisted: (i guess you know the symptoms so i will not go through the details, haha!!). we have even given a name to such a package of maniacs, so we call ourselves BeFurious Enduro Team :shock: (please see our presentation in society at http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=wW9wQUmCEJ0 ).

every year, we try to do some enduro trip, so in 2005 and 2006 we went to romania, along with the ktm adventure tours (please see the chronicle at http://www.embarrados.com/foro_v1/viewtopic.php?t=12098) and this summer we raced the Panafrica, a sort of dessert race at the south of morocco, very near to algerie (erg chebbi area and so, please see this chronical at http://www.embarrados.com/foro_v1/viewtopic.php?t=26494).

in order to approach the suffering capacity of our wives, girlfriends and family, we have been talking during the latest weeks to attend the six days that you people will host next year..... to this end, i contact you and that's why i(we) will be so thanksful for any type of support that you could provide us :wink:

i have been surfing on different internet sites and have more or less made an idea on the type of race that it might be....indeed, i live in madrid but i was born in galicia, in the north of spain so i think that the serres area must be quite similar to my homeplace: very muddy in the winter, green forest, quite slipery when it rains, probably very nice and tough rocky paths ("trialeras" we call them)..... am i all right? you can see here (http://www.embarrados.com/foro_v1/viewtopic.php?t=28139) a very recent chronicle that a galician friend put on our enduro forum: www.embarrados.com, which means "muddys", and where you will be of course very welcome :wink:

next step will be confirm the group of people that will run the race (i think we will be two teams -of three riders each) and the supporting friends that will come along with us. i then will ask you for help to find a place for all of of us to stay alonf the race, if you are so kind :wink: :D

ok, i think it is enough by now since i dont want to bother you with my stuff from the very begining :D :D :D

many thanks and happy riding!!!
Άβαταρ μέλους
eldeivi07
bicycle training wheels

Δημοσίευσηαπό superspy » 22 Νοέμ 2007, 11:08

So you are real enduro funs!
Maybe you can join us some time here in greece for a week of enduro ( http://www.off-road.gr/article606.html ) or maybe WE can join you in your country!
We can meet also in Romania (I have good connections there ;-) )

Keep in touch!
Εικόνα
Grand Erg Oriental...

Στάσου.... Μύγδαλα!
Άβαταρ μέλους
superspy
690cc
690cc

Δημοσίευσηαπό eldeivi07 » 22 Νοέμ 2007, 13:25

spy, i shame to say that we are more that pure enduro funs.... we are enduro maniacs!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i have answered your message regarding trips in spain like yours..... no prob at all!!! indeed, considering the problems that we are facing in here to ride our bikes in forests and offroad paths (it is forbidden!!!!! :-x :-x :-x ), many people is getting back to their roots and recovering their trail bikes with a view to practice a more relaxed enduro :? . by now, i am trying to go on with my hard-enduro :roll: , although it is possible that in a couple of years, i will be compiled to change my current gasgas ec 300 for a four-stroke and 150 kilos japanese cow, hahahaha!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

see ypu soon in here, kind regards :wink: :wink: :wink:
Άβαταρ μέλους
eldeivi07
bicycle training wheels

Επιστροφή στο For our foreign Off-Road friends

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτή την Δ. Συζήτηση : Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη. Υπάρχει 1 επισκέπτης